It’s nearly that time of year again – we’ll soon be decking the halls and wrapping presents – so it’s time to start thinking about Christmas cards. Cards are all about spreading warm wishes and cheer during the festive season, so whether you’re sending them out to business clients or family, here are some ideas for what to write when you’re staring at that blank page.
Christmas cards are a great way to thank customers and wish them success in the coming year. Professional cards tend to be a little more formal in their greetings, so it’s best to keep the messaging simple. Phrases such as the following are friendly and business-appropriate:
- We want to take this opportunity to say Thank you for your business and Merry Christmas.
- Wishing you the very best over the Christmas season and success in the coming year.
When sending cards to family members, making it personal is what’s important. The Christmas season can be an emotional one, so it’s a good time of year to come together and spread a message of love and cheer. This means it’s also OK to be a little cheesy – when else can you get away with it? Modern life means that often families may be spread further apart, so it’s also an opportunity to catch up, re-connect and let people know you’re thinking of them.
- May the season bring you the music of laughter, the warmth of friendship and, always, love.
- Thinking of you this Christmas. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
- It’s the time of mulled wine, candles, cakes, songs, reindeer, carols, laughter – and most importantly LOVE. Merry Christmas.
Cards sent out to friends can be the most fun to write. Seeing as you are sending it to a close friend, why not include a fun message or joke? Or something that you know they’d like and is tailored specifically to them? This is the area where pun-themed Christmas wording can really shine – whether they’re good or bad, they will bring a smile to anyone’s face.
- Christmas is the season when you buy this year’s gifts with next year’s money.
- Merry Catmas! Santa Claws is coming to town! (for animal lovers)
- Why does Santa have 3 gardens? So he can ho-ho-ho!
Lastly, make sure you sign off with an appropriate closing. After all, you don’t want to write a really great card from your business and sign off with “lots of love & hugs”! Here are some to give you some inspiration:
- Wishing you joy,
- Love always,
- Warmest wishes,
- All our love,