Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
It’s that special time of year again, which means it’s time to prep for the Christmas rush. As a small business owner, part of that prep probably includes writing Christmas cards to your clients, customers and employees.
Writing festive greetings for business contacts year after year means getting creative. And even though this year has been *very* different for everyone, it’s still important to send a memorable message to your customers and employees.
We’ve made it simple for you. Below are a few ideas to help you connect with customers and show appreciation for your employees.
With the right combination of eye-catching design and carefully crafted copy, you can get your message across amidst the Christmas chaos — and make your card stand out from the crowd.
Here, we’ll give you some ideas for:
- Holiday card messages for clients and customers
- Business holiday card messages
- Holiday card messages for employees
Copy and paste, customise or simply find inspiration in these business Christmas card messages. And of course, we’ve got the perfect card design templates to use for each one. Happy designing!
Christmas card messages for clients and customers
Christmas cards are an easy, thoughtful way to say ‘thank you’ to clients and customers who’ve stuck with you through the craziness of 2021.
When writing Christmas greetings for business, aim for an uplifting tone. Put sincerity and appreciation front and centre. If you don’t know whether your customers celebrate Christmas or another religious festival, stick with generic end-of-year messages such as ‘Season’s Greetings’ or ‘Happy New Year’.
Here are some sample festive messages you can send to clients as you welcome 2022, along with a couple of tips and templates you can update to match.
Pair design with fitting copy
Pairing the right words with an attention-grabbing design helps make your message more cohesive. For example:
- Season’s Greetings / Your business helped keep us blooming.
- Season’s Greetings 2021 / You make our business blossom / just by being you.
- Season’s Greetings / Here’s to some festive fun and a wonderful 2022. / Warmest wishes, [company name]
- Cheers to the New Year / Best wishes for a wonderful festive season and a happy 2022.
- Sending thanks this festive season (and always) / Your friends at [company name]
- Wishing you a happy & healthy festive season / Warmest wishes, [company name]
Get creative with formatting
Capitalisation and line breaks can add personality and warmth to an otherwise generic message. Play around with formatting based on the template that best suits your business. Here are some messages to consider when experimenting with tone and typeface:
- peace & joy to you and yours / season’s greetings from us to you / [company name]
- FESTIVE CHEER / season’s greetings from everyone at [company name]
- YOU + US = JOY / Season’s Greetings / From all of us at [company name]
Make it personal
Or, you could try composing longer messages that include a personal touch. This encourages recipients to take a few moments to read your card. Here are a few examples:
- Season’s Greetings / Collaborating with you this year has been a joy and a privilege. Wishing you and yours a wonderful festive season and much prosperity in the new year.
- From the [company name] family to yours, sending wishes of warmth, joy and peace this festive season. / Our thanks to you for sticking with us through this difficult year. We couldn’t have done it without you.
- It’s the most wonderful time of the year / And you are the most wonderful part of our business. Thank you for making this and every time of year brighter for us. Wishing you a wonderful festive season. / [company name]
- Season’s Greetings / In a year filled with challenges, we’re grateful for your support. / Wishing you happiness & health in 2022.
Business Christmas card messages
You may know for sure that everyone on your list of recipients celebrates Christmas. In which case, here are a few business Christmas greetings to consider:
- Merry Christmas / ‘Tis the season for us to tell you how much you mean to us. (Spoiler: It’s a lot.) / All the best, / [company name]
- You are a joy to us all. / Have a fun-filled Christmas
- Merry + Blessed / Merry Christmas to you and yours. / Your business is a blessing all year round. / [company name]
Christmas card messages for employees
Employees are the lifeblood of your small business. Over the past two years, they’ve also been at your side through unprecedented times — navigating new safety policies, working longer hours and continuing to show up for you and your business.
Along with a small gift, a personal, meaningful card is an opportunity to show colleagues you recognise their hard work. With company Christmas card wording for employees, aim for a genuine and appreciative tone.
Here are a few Christmas messages employees will cherish:
- Merry Christmas & many thanks / We couldn’t do it without you. / This year and always, you’re a valued member of our team.
- A Christmas note of thanks / In unprecedented times, you’ve stuck by us. We couldn’t do it without you. / In gratitude, your team members at [company name]
- Wishing you a wonderful festive season / You keep us afloat. And we are grateful. / Thanks for all you do for us, this time of year and beyond. / Your friends and colleagues at [company name]
- From your team members at [company name] / You make our business merry. We’re grateful for all you do. Wishing you peace and prosperity this festive season!
Whether for customers, clients, employees or others who play a special role in your company’s success, these Christmas greetings for business will show your recipients just how much you care.